Hey all you Saltwater Experience Fans. It is saltwater fishing podcast time with me, Tom Rowland.
My job requires me to drive all over this country and there is a lot of time spent behind the wheel. I have found podcasts to be a way that I can use that time to learn a ton, stay entertained (and awake) and get to know people who I like, respect or have admired their work in a much different and deeper way.
So, in all that driving, I started looking for podcasts with some of the people I wanted to hear from. A few were out there, but not many. After a few hundred more miles went by, I decided that if I wanted to hear these stories from these people, I bet a few of you would too. So I decided right there on the highway that I would just start my own to bring you all some of the interesting stories that I already know about my friends, how they started, the challenges they overcame and the success they have had in addition to finding out about so many of the people that I only know a little bit about. If I was going to do this, I was going to do it the best that I could possibly do it. I thought about the things I like in a podcast and I also made note of the things that I don't.
Here is what I don't like...BORING podcasts or podcasts with very poor quality audio. Even if I am really interested in the guest and what they have to say, I find it very difficult to listen to the entire podcast. So, this is what I have done...
1. I learned about the best audio gear available, bought it and learned how to use it.
2. I have been very particular in choosing the guests and listened to my fans and have compiled a list of future guests with outstanding stories
3. I have done my homework and came to the interview with questions that I feel would be valuable to my audience...YOU GUYS.
4. Whenever possible I have done the podcasts in person which results in a much higher quality interview and sound quality
This podcast is different from many out there because it is not only about a single subject like fishing. In fact, sometimes we will take on entirely different subjects like Hunting, Outdoor Adventure, Fitness (because everything in your life will be enhanced if you are in better shape...yes, that means that you will catch more fish), Business, Sponsorship, Family and more. This is not a boring 30 minute canned attempt at a "How To" podcast that really would work much better in person, rather, this is an unhurried conversation with the most interesting people in the outdoors.
Here is where I need your help:
1. Leave a comment below with suggestions for who you would like to hear me interview and why
3. Please listen to a few of them and then give a real review on iTunes. Reviews are the most important thing to help this podcast reach more people
4. If you like one (or more) share it with your social media audience.
That is it. Then, just enjoy these conversations while you are on the road to work, or whenever you like to listen to podcasts.
So far, 14 episodes have been published and are ready for you to listen: (Click The Title To Go Directly To iTunes)
0015 - LIVE Q & A Podcast - Questions From Instagram LIVE
and on deck are incredible stories like:
0016 - Deer Meat For Dinner - Robert Arrington - YouTube Sensation Living An Authentic Life Outdoors
0017 - BlacktipH - Josh Jorgensen - Creating A YouTube Channel With 200,000,000 Views And 800,000 Subscribers While Being A Dad
0018 - Brad McLeod - Cultivate The Mindset Of A Navy Seal For Success And NEVER QUIT
0019 - Davis Bennett - Outdoor Film Making For A New Generation
Thanks so much for your support on this new project! I really hope you like what is coming.
See you on the water